What Color Is Your North Star?
March 30, 2023
Mary Hoyt Kearns, PhD and Christine Szegda, M.Ed.
What do you want to be when you grow up? The good news is that there isn’t necessarily just one right answer. In this episode, we talk about jobs vs careers vs vocations, identifying your special gifts, and listening for the voice of vocation by asking yourself “What makes you happy? Really, really happy?”
Stuff we referenced in this episode:
- Let Your Life Speak: Listening for the Voice of Vocation, Parker Palmer
- Elizabeth Gilbert on Distinguishing Between Hobbies, Jobs, Careers & Vocation
- What Color Is Your Parachute? : Your Guide to a Lifetime of Meaningful Work and Career Success, Richard N. Bolle
- Yes, Please, Amy Poehler
- It’s Your Time Now: What Will You Do with It?, Mary Guarino, PhD
- What to Do if You Can't Find Your Passion
- Don't Chase Your Passion, and Maybe You'll Find It (Jackhammers and Hummingbirds)
- The Gathering Room, Martha Beck Podcast Ep114 Topic: reconnect with our true desires, which signal the path to the fulfillment of our destiny. (Inspired by Suzanne Eder’s new book, “What You Want Wants You.”)
Visit us on Instagram @twoharmlessrandos!
Feel free to share your questions or episode requests. Thank you for listening!