If we are put on this earth with the purpose of creating, then, what does creativity look like in everyday life? From building a garden, to teaching, to healing grief, to exploring outer space, to making art using AI, Mary and Christine explore the ways in which what we imagine can become real.
“Let your imagination have full sway. Build it up until it is filled daily and hourly with the pictures that the lessons of the past and the trials of today suggest to your consciousness. Then analyze these imaginary things, select the best, and take them into the laboratory of your creative powers. Let the divine consciousness flowing through you reconstruct them, radiate them, and bring them to pass in your life and in the lives of those around you, thus adding to the world the assets of the future and the beautiful things of human evolution."
~H. Spencer Lewis
(Erratum: It's David Bohm, not Richard like I mistakenly say in this episode!)
- David Bohm, Quantum Mechanics and Enlightenment, John Horgan, Scientific American, July 23, 2018 https://blogs.scientificamerican.com/cross-check/david-bohm-quantum-mechanics-and-enlightenment/
- The Secret of The Secret, Mark Vernon, The Guardian, August 31, 2010. https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/belief/2010/aug/31/secret-byrne-positive-thinking
- Your Heart’s Desire, Sonia Choquette, https://bookshop.org/a/19443/9780609800119
- The Creative Art Of Coping In Japanese Internment, NPR, Morning Edition with Susan Stamberg, May 12, 2010, https://www.npr.org/2010/05/12/126557553/the-creative-art-of-coping-in-japanese-internment
- George Nakashima Woodworker: The Definitive Documentary, 2021 https://nakashimadocumentary.com/
- George Nakashima Woodworkers, https://nakashimawoodworkers.com/
- Sony World Photography Award 2023: Winner refuses award after revealing AI creation, BBC, April 18, 2023, https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-65296763
- MoMA’s newest artist is an AI trained on 180,000 works, from Warhol to Pac-Man, Jesus Diaz, Fast Company, November 18, 2022, https://www.fastcompany.com/90811669/momas-newest-artist-is-an-ai-trained-on-180000-works-from-warhol-to-pac-man
- Unsupervised, Museum of Modern Art, https://www.moma.org/calendar/exhibitions/5535
Visit us on Instagram @twoharmlessrandos!
Feel free to share your questions or episode requests. Thank you for listening!